This post is also available in: Italiano
At the Odescalchi Medical Center, there is a private general medicine service at a “smart” rate, a service dedicated to those who need a medical visit or consultation with relative urgency.
What is it about?
With the private general medicine visit you can have a non-specialist visit carried out by a doctor. By booking a visit of this type, you will be able to access the following services:
- Analysis of the general state of health
- Assessment of symptoms of a health disorder or non-specialist issue, such as:
- musculoskeletal disorders
- new onset symptoms
- Medical advice, such as before making an international trip
- Reading and interpreting reports
- Drug prescriptions and prescriptions (only “white prescriptions”, not usable for SSN reimbursement)
The visit is preceded by the patient’s history. Subsequently, the doctor carries out, if necessary, the detection of vital parameters and then proceeds with the objective examination in relation to the patient’s needs. At the end of the visit, the doctor will be able to prescribe a therapy or, if necessary, refer the patient to further tests or specialist visits (non-refundable by the National Health System), which can also be booked at our centre.
When is a private general medicine visit indicated?
The visit is indicated for:
- Flu symptoms
- Mild allergic reactions
- Redness, rashes or skin abrasions
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Minor joint trauma
- Minor burns, cuts or superficial wounds
- Joint or skeletal pain
The visit is not indicated in the cases of:
- Critical emergencies (e.g. respiratory crises, intense pain, cardiac arrest, paralysis, heavy bleeding)
- Sickness certificates for INPS
- Certificates for the renewal of driving licenses (for this need, it is possible to access the dedicated service at our centre)
- Certificates of good health (for this need, it is possible to access the dedicated service at our centre)
- Visa renewal certificates
When to call our center for a private general medicine visit?
The private general medicine service of the Odescalchi Medical Center is useful in all cases where:
- A visit is needed quickly for the evaluation of particular health conditions that do not require access to the emergency room
- The family doctor is unavailable or unreachable
Who is it aimed at?
The private general medicine visit is aimed at:
- Anyone who is in Milan for a temporary period and has a general practitioner in another city
- Foreign citizens traveling for work or for study or leisure reasons
- Citizens without a family doctor
- Citizens unable to reach the family doctor
Please note that a private general medical visit does not replace a specialist visit or the national health service in emergency situations.